If you want to play Counter-Strike 1.6 NONSTEAM on STEAM (Free), you need this guide.
First you need the following files:
-CS NONSTEAM 1.6 base install (cs16full_v7.exe) (File 1).
-CS NONSTEAM 1.6 v18 patch (cs16patch_full_V18B.exe) (File 2).
-The modified STEAM files [Attached]
1. Install Half-Life If you dont have it already.
2. Install the “cs16full_v7.exe” (File 1). After you do that, install the cs16patch_full_18b.exe patch (File 2)
Note: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU FOLLOW THESE STEP BY STEP!
3. Download the steam files (File 3). It is time to create an account using the steam application. Then login and logout. After that, extract the file 3 to folder C:Program FilesValve.
4. Now, edit the steamapp.cfg:
Just fill out the information you supplied with your account here.
# [as is clearified later on, this should be your email address:]
SteamAppUser=Account name here
5. Now, go into your Steam install path (C:\Program Files\Steam) and copy the Clientregistry.blob file to C:\Program Files\Valve. You can exit steam if you want.
6. Now, create a shortcut with the following:
C:\Program Files\Valvehl.exe -steam -game cstrike.
Now click on shortcut to play CS.